ANCC Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing - Online Practice Tests
There are few careers as challenging or as noble as mental health nursing. Working long, demanding shifts, these nurses often handle the most vulnerable members of society. To become certified to work with such patients, nurses must pass the Association of Nurses' Credentialing Center's Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing test. Required by many of the psychiatric hospitals and outpatient facilities around the country, this exam shouldn't be underestimated. Taking ANCC practice tests can help nurses prepare.
Once you have completed a practice exam, you will have permanent access to that exam's review page, which includes a detailed explanation for each practice question!
Our practice tests simulate the real thing in a number of key ways:
- Theories and Principles of Development Across the Life Span - 12%
- Communication - 16%
- Nursing Process - 20%
- Provision of Care - 6%
- Basic and Applied Science - 12%
- Behavioral Sciences - 8%
- Education - 4%
- Health Promotion and Wellness - 3%
- Management/Leadership - 12%
- Research - 3%
- Legal Issues - 4%
- Level of difficulty
- The feel of the real test
To pass the ANCC® Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing test you need a score of 350.
Here are five reason you should use our exams to prepare for your ANCC Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing - Online Practice Tests certification exam:
- Because the tests are web-based, there is no software to install. Our practice tests are available to you anytime at you convenience. No matter where you are, you can take our practice tests on any computer or smartphone with access to the internet
- Once you complete a practice exam, you will be provided with how many questions you answered correctly, as well as our estimate of your score on the real exam. We also provide explanations on why the answer is correct.
- Our practice tests are designed to have a similar look-and-feel of the real test. The number of questions and even the default time limit for each practice exam are just like the real thing. This way, when you take the actual test, you will already be completely familiar with its navigation and behavior.
- If you have to stop while taking one of our tests, you can continue right where you left off. When you continue the test, you will start exactly where you were, and with the same amount of time you had remaining
- As an "A" rated, fully accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, we uphold the highest level of business standards.
What are the ANCC Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing exams?
Nurses hoping to work in the mental health field are required to complete several qualifying programs and exams. These help ensure only the most well-prepared professionals are working with patients. The ANCC Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing exam is required of anyone hoping to work in this area of nursing.
Who should take the ANCC Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing exams?
To become eligible for the exam, candidates must have an active Registered Nurse license in the United States. They must also have at least two years of full-time nursing experience. Additionally, candidates need 2,000 hours of clinical practice in mental health nursing in the last three years. 30 hours of continuing education on mental health nursing within the last three years are also necessary. Only after completing these requirements can a person register for the ANCC Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing exam. In the meantime, ANCC practice exams can help prepare test-takers for the real thing.
How much does the ANCC Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing exam cost?
The cost to register for the ANCC PMHN test is $395. Members of professional organizations like the American Nurses Association or the American Psychiatric Nurses Association can take advantage of discounted rates to register.
How many questions are on the ANCC Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing exam?
The test is made up of 175 questions and takes three and a half hours to complete. The highest possible score on the exam is 500, and anything above a 350 is considered passing. ANCC exam prep can help ensure you get a passing score the first time you take the test.
How to prepare for the ANCC Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing exam
Preparing for your exam doesn't have to be a pain. ANCC test prep can seem like a monstrous undertaking at first glance, but with the right resources, you'll be ready in no time. By purchasing ANCC exam practice tests through Exam Edge, you set yourself up for success.
Even better, it's free to get started. We offer initial practice tests completely free of charge. It's part of why students across the globe have chosen to work with Exam Edge in preparation for their most important tests. With so much on the line for your future in nursing, why waste time on traditional study methods? Get started today with Exam Edge.