FTCE General Knowledge Math - Online Practice Tests
There are few career paths as challenging and rewarding as teaching. One of the challenges begins before an aspiring teacher ever steps foot into a classroom. The Florida Teacher Certification Examinations, or FTCE, are a set of exams that all educators must pass to become licensed. One such exam is the FTCE General Knowledge Math Test. Regardless of what subject you hope to teach, the Florida Department of Education requires each candidate to demonstrate their mastery of basic mathematics. Thankfully, FTCE General Knowledge Math practice tests can help you brush up on the essentials.
Your mastery of number sense, geometry, algebra, and probability will be measured on this teaching certification exam. Designed to ensure that Florida educators are well-rounded and knowledgeable about the fundamentals of math, the FTCE General Knowledge Math (828) is comprised of 45 multiple-choice questions. You’ll have an hour and 40 minutes to complete this subtest, and you’ll need to earn a scaled score of 200 or higher to pass. Has it been a while since you last took a math class? Brush up on your math skills with practice tests from Exam Edge.
Once you have completed a practice exam, you will have permanent access to that exam's review page, which includes a detailed explanation for each practice question!
Our practice tests simulate the real thing in a number of key ways:
- Knowledge of number sense, concepts, and operations - 17%
- Knowledge of geometry and measurement - 21%
- Knowledge of algebraic thinking and the coordinate plane - 29%
- Knowledge of probability, statistics, and data interpretation - 33%
- Level of difficulty
- Number of questions (40 per practice test)
- Timed exam, proportional to the number of questions (or untimed if you prefer)
- The feel of the real test
To pass the FTCE General Knowledge Math test you need a score of 200.
Here are five reason you should use our exams to prepare for your FTCE General Knowledge Math - Online Practice Tests certification exam:
- Because the tests are web-based, there is no software to install. Our practice tests are available to you anytime at you convenience. No matter where you are, you can take our practice tests on any computer or smartphone with access to the internet
- Once you complete a practice exam, you will be provided with how many questions you answered correctly, as well as our estimate of your score on the real exam. We also provide explanations on why the answer is correct.
- Our practice tests are designed to have a similar look-and-feel of the real test. The number of questions and even the default time limit for each practice exam are just like the real thing. This way, when you take the actual test, you will already be completely familiar with its navigation and behavior.
- If you have to stop while taking one of our tests, you can continue right where you left off. When you continue the test, you will start exactly where you were, and with the same amount of time you had remaining
- As an "A" rated, fully accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, we uphold the highest level of business standards.
What is the FTCE General Knowledge Math Test?
The FTCE General Knowledge Tests are a series of subtests that must be passed by every aspiring teacher in the Sunshine State. These four subtests, essay, English, reading, and math help ensure each educator has a thorough understanding of these concepts. The General Knowledge Math Test hones in specifically on the candidate's comprehension of math skills. While you might be hoping to teach English, you'll still need to prove to the state of Florida that you can perform general mathematic equations. FTCE General Knowledge Math Test practice exams are a good idea for anyone feeling apprehensive about their mathematical abilities.
Who should take the FTCE General Knowledge Math Test?
No matter your subject of choice, every aspiring teacher in the state of Florida must take and pass the FTCE General Knowledge Math Test. All licensure candidates must demonstrate their mastery of basic mathematics. For licensed teachers transferring to Florida from another state, you may not need to take the FTCE General Knowledge Math Test. The Florida Department of Education website has more information on reciprocity and testing requirements. No matter what your background might be, FTCE General Knowledge Math exam prep is highly necessary.
How much does the FTCE General Knowledge Math Test cost?
The costs associated with the FTCE vary, but the testing fee for the General Knowledge Test, including the math subtest, is $130. Should you not pass the first time, subsequent attempts will cost $150. These costs are the same regardless of whether you sit for one or two subtests or take the plunge on all four at once. Many test-takers opt to sit for the entire General Knowledge Test on the same day to save money. With enough FTCE General Knowledge Math test prep, passing the first time will be no sweat.
How many questions are on the FTCE General Knowledge Test?
The FTCE General Knowledge Math Tests consists of 45 multiple choice questions. You'll have just 40 minutes to answer them. This tight turnaround time is enough to give even the most advanced mathematician test anxiety. Thankfully, FTCE General Knowledge Math practice tests can help prepare you for the rhythm of the real thing. With the right amount of practice, you'll breeze through the 40 minutes and 45 questions with confidence.
How to prepare for the FTCE General Knowledge Math Test?
Taking practice exams is one of the best study strategies available. That's why ExamEdge offers so many practice tests to ensure success for all of our users. Get to know the format and timing of the exam, so you're ready and able to pass the real test with flying colors. Even better, we offer free initial practice tests for all of our users! Get started now – the classroom awaits!