Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators: Mathematics - Online Practice Tests
Anyone who is hoping to perform well on their teaching certification exams can benefit from taking Praxis Core Mathematics practice tests. Again and again, studies have shown that practice tests are one of the best study tools for such exams. Given how much is riding on your score, it's no surprise that many aspiring math teachers experience anxiety before taking the Praxis. Get the confidence you need to pass the first time you take the test with Exam Edge.
Math reasoning skills are put to the test with this Praxis exam. 56 multiple-choice questions are to be answered in a matter of just 90 minutes. Roughly 30 percent of the questions cover number and quantity concepts. Another 30 percent is dedicated to algebra and functions. 20 percent cover geometry questions and the final 20 percent include questions on statistics and probability. No matter your math background, a passing score on this test is possible with enough practice. Review the fundamentals with practice tests from Exam Edge.
Once you have completed a practice exam, you will have permanent access to that exam's review page, which includes a detailed explanation for each practice question!
Our practice tests simulate the real thing in a number of key ways:
- Number and Quantity - 36%
- Data Interpretation and Representation Statistics and Probability - 32%
- Algebra and Geometry - 32%
- Level of difficulty
- Number of questions (56 per practice test)
- Timed exam, proportional to the number of questions (or untimed if you prefer)
- The feel of the real test
Here are five reason you should use our exams to prepare for your Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators: Mathematics - Online Practice Tests certification exam:
- Because the tests are web-based, there is no software to install. Our practice tests are available to you anytime at you convenience. No matter where you are, you can take our practice tests on any computer or smartphone with access to the internet
- Once you complete a practice exam, you will be provided with how many questions you answered correctly, as well as our estimate of your score on the real exam. We also provide explanations on why the answer is correct.
- Our practice tests are designed to have a similar look-and-feel of the real test. The number of questions and even the default time limit for each practice exam are just like the real thing. This way, when you take the actual test, you will already be completely familiar with its navigation and behavior.
- If you have to stop while taking one of our tests, you can continue right where you left off. When you continue the test, you will start exactly where you were, and with the same amount of time you had remaining
- As an "A" rated, fully accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, we uphold the highest level of business standards.
What is the Praxis Core Mathematics Test?
The Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators is designed to measure knowledge and skills in reading, writing, and mathematics. A passing score on the Praxis Core is often required before a candidate begins a teacher education program. These three computer-delivered exams can be taken together for a 5-hour session or separately in 3 individual 2-hour sessions. If you're nervous about the computer-based platform and want to familiarize yourself with the structure of the test, Praxis Core Mathematics practice exams can help.
Who Should Take the Praxis Core Mathematics Test?
Many states require all math teachers to take and pass the Praxis Core Mathematics test before entering the classroom. If you've just completed your college-level teaching program and want to become certified, check with your local school district to see what qualifications must be met for employment. Every state is different, but with the right amount of Praxis Core Mathematics exam prep, you'll be on your way to earning your teacher's license.
How Much Does the Praxis Core Mathematics Test Cost?
Registration for the Praxis Core Mathematics test is $90. If you do not pass on the first attempt, you may take the test again after 21 days. A second attempt will cost you an additional $90. Save time and money by doing plenty of Praxis Core Mathematics test prep before you attempt this exam.
How Many Questions Are On the Praxis Core Mathematics Test?
Inform your Praxis Core Mathematics test prep by understanding the scope of the test. The mathematics exam is comprised of 56 self-selected response or numeric entry response questions. To ensure math reasoning is assessed, an on-screen calculator is provided to alleviate errors in arithmetic. Each state sets its own passing score. To look up the passing score you need click here: Lookup Passing Score
About 20 of the questions you'll encounter will revolve around numbers and quantity. Another 18 questions will challenge your understanding of data interpretation. Approximately 18 additional questions will cover algebra and geometry concepts. Be sure your Praxis Core Mathematics exam prep reflects this structure.
Prepare Now with Praxis Core Mathematics Practice Tests
Exam Edge offers free sample practice tests to new users who are curious about our Praxis Core Mathematics exam practice tests. Available on virtually any device at any time of day or night, our practice tests allow you to take control of your test prep. Work at your own pace and take notes while you complete the practice test, or leave the timer on to mimic the parameters in which you'll be testing. There's truly no better way to prepare for your teaching certification tests than with Exam Edge. Get started today!